Admissions Coordinator: Kevin Melick
Our Admissions Office is here to help you find the program that is right for you, help you with all needs assessments and pretesting, and schedule appointments for those who need financial aid. Begin your application process early, so you have the most class choices. We are here to help you achieve your goals! Admission requirements for all full-time programs (600 hours or more) include:
- Must be at least 17 years of age and have a high school diploma/GED.
- Application fee payment, if applicable.
- Complete payment arrangements which can include applying for Federal Financial Aid (FAFSA) at www.fsa.gov. School code 012967.
- Complete program specific requirements/assessments. Our admissions staff will guide you through these.Present BCI and/or FBI background check results as required by program.
- Complete final selection interview with Mid-East staff as necessary.
All programs have limited enrollment. Tuition prices are subject to change pending Board of Education approval. The school reserves the right to cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment, up to the day before a class is to begin. If this happens, any paid fees will be returned in full. Students are urged to register early to ensure a place in the class.
High School Evaluation:
If the US Department of Education or the school questions the validity of the high schools’ credentials, the institution will first check the “Unacceptable Proof of Graduation” list. If the high school is on that list it will be judged as unacceptable. If it is not on that list but the institution still questions the validity of the high school credential, we will ask for a transcript from the high school showing classes completed and passed. If we are still not satisfied as to the validity of the credential, we may contact the states’ Department of Education in which the school is located to ascertain if the high school is approved by the state.
If the student graduated from a high school out of the country, we will determine whether the education is the equivalent of a high school education in the United States.
Ability to Benefit. Mid-East CTC, Adult Education does not offer the "ability to benefit".
Students may call for an appointment Monday & Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm or Tuesday - Thursday 7:30 am - 6:00 pm.to 740-455-3111.