Our Admissions Office is here to help you find the program that is right for you, help you with all needs assessments and pretesting, and schedule appointments for those who need financial aid. Begin your application process early, so you have the most class choices. We are here to help you achieve your goals!
Adult Education programs follow an “open admissions” policy. This allows any person with a high school diploma or High School Equivalency, upon successful completion of pre-entrance testing, to enroll in adult education programs. Once students complete required testing and have made arrangements for tuition and fees, students will be admitted on a first-come, first serve basis and the student testing indicating probable success in the program. Some programs have ADDITIONAL requirements for enrollment including pre-entrance exams, interviews, assessments, etc.
- Must be at least 17 years of age and have a high schooldiploma/High School Equivalency (HSE). Students must turn in a HS or HSE Transcript with their application. (Student must be 18 years of age or older to receive Title IV funding.)
- Application fee payment, if applicable.
- Complete the federal financial aid FAFSA, www.fafsa.gov. School code 012967. Students who do not file for Title IV funding must sign a financial aid waiver form and make payment arrangements and first payment.
- Complete program specific requirements/assessments. Our admissions staff will guide you through these (Please refer to Pre-Entrance Assessments below).
- Present BCI and/or FBI background check results as required by program.
- Complete final selection interview with Mid-East staff as necessary.
All programs have limited enrollment. Tuition prices are subject
to change pending Board of Education approval. The school reserves the right to
cancel a class due to insufficient enrollment, up to the day before a class is
to begin. If this happens, any paid tuition will be returned in full. Students
are urged to register early to ensure a place in the class.Pre-Entrance
All prospective students will take the following assessments prior to being accepted into a program at Mid-East CTC - Adult Education. Practical Nursing and Diploma RN are required to take different assessments.
Wonderlic & Work Keys
Prospective students are required to take the Wonderlic
Assessment and Workplace Documents WorkKeys assessment. Paramedic applicants
are required to take 3 WorkKeys assessments.
Each program has a set level that a student must reach
before being accepted into a program. If
a student meets or exceeds that level, they will continue on with the
admissions process. WorkKeys scores will be evaluated and students may be
referred to the CARE program for additional help if needed.
Career ScopeA potential student may be asked to take the Career Scope Assessment if another source of information is needed to determine eligibility for enrolling in a program.diploma/High School Equivalency (HSE). Students must turn in a HS or HSE Transcript with their application.
Students may call for an appointment Monday -Thursday 7:30 am - 4:30 pm or Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm.to 740-455-3111.