A Nurse Aide is responsible for providing direct resident care under the supervision of a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) or Registered Nurse. To be successful, you must work together with members of a healthcare team. The Nurse Aide program provides classroom learning, laboratory practice and supervised patient care.
PREPARE TO EARN CERTIFICATION IN:
• State Tested Nursing Assistant (STNA)
Each class is limited to the first 24 students who are registered with tuition paid. On the first day of class, walk-in students are welcome to fill any available nurse aide seats.
- Receive instruction from a Registered Nurse.
- Gain experience working in a long-term care facility.
- May work in long-term care facilities, the home health field or hospitals after completing the class.
Students must provide a clear BCI backgroud check and 2-Step TB tests BEFORE enrolling into this program.
Classes offered year-round.
83 hrs (approx. 2 weeks)
Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Books included. Additional fee for exam.
Scrubs are NOT included in the cost of the class.
2014 STNA Class Start Dates
- January 2 (Thursday)
- March 20 (Thursday) - maximum 8 students
- April 7 (Monday)
- May 5 (Monday)
- June 3 (Tuesday)
2014 STNA State Testing Dates:
- January 25, 2014
- February 22, 2014