A Nurse Aide is responsible for providing direct resident care under the supervision of a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse. To be successful, you must work together with members of a healthcare team. The State Tested Nurse Aide program provides classroom instruction, laboratory practice, and Clinical experience as defined by the Ohio Department of Health. Clinical hours are completed in groups after the classroom training is complete.
Before registering, please be sure to read this STNA Information Sheet. It states where to obtain your 2-step TB, background check, and additional information on the program.
Once you have read the STNA Information Sheet linked above click the link to the right to show interest, see class dates, or register for the next available class.
- We do not have any classes scheduled at this time if no dates are listed.
- Please click the show interest button and we will text and email you when the next available class is open for registration.
PREPARE TO EARN CERTIFICATION IN:
• State Tested Nurse Aide(STNA)
- Receive instruction from a Registered Nurse.
- Gain experience working in a long-term care facility.
- May work in long-term care facilities, the home health field or hospitals after completing the class.
Students must provide a clean BCI background check upon acceptance and a negative 2-Step TB test prior to class start.
Classes are offered year-round on an as-needed basis and registration are first-come basis with paid tuition. See the cost information below.
80 hrs (approx. 3 weeks)
(65 classroom hours & 15 Clinical hours)
Mon – Fri 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
$575 (This is a part-time class and can not be paid for by Financial Aid. It is self-pay or agency funded. Total amount due at time of registration unless being funded by an agency.)
Books are included in the cost.
The State Tested Nurse Aid exam cost is an additional fee at the completion of the program. This is paid to the testing facility, not to Mid-East.
Scrubs are NOT included in the cost of the class.
Class also accredited by: